The area around Llanerchindda has a wide range of remote lanes and trails and some sensational routes in the Cambrian Mountains, Brecon Beacons and elsewhere.
Trails including the famous Strata Florida, which passes through forestry and open countryside, and involves crossing a river seven times, are only a short distance away.
- The Cambrian Circuit (102 miles) – taking in Strata Florida, the Elan Valley, Rhayader, and the Crychan Forest.
- Llandovery & The Brecon Beacons – with many trails including the roman rd & crychan forest
- Brechfa Forest – with famous routes including Dunlop Hill, one of the steepest and most challenging off-road trails in the area.
- Hundred House – with some fantastic lanes to the north east of us around Builth Wells and Hundred House.
At Llanerchindda, we offer a number of services which make us the ideal base for 4×4 enthusiasts. These include:
- A map room with master maps marked up with the rights of way
- Spray-wash facilities
- Covered workshop area
- Drying room for your wet clothes
- On site 4×4 course for exclusive use of guests at Llanerchindda – charged at £25.00 to £30.00 per stay.
Llanerchindda is ideal for individuals or groups. We can cater for all your needs, enabling you to have a truly memorable stay with us.
The best and most exciting way to follow the lanes is with a local guide who knows the area very well and can take you to places you wouldn’t find on your own.
We have a number of local guides we can put you in touch with. They can help you to enjoy the best of the lanes and ensure that you don’t get lost!
Guiding costs from £270.00 per day, for up to 8 riders, this is increasing to £280.00 from 1st March 2024
You do need your own bike and it must be road legal, taxed and insured.
Please drive carefully on the lane up to Llanerchindda, especially through the farmyard.
Country code for 4×4 and other off-road users
- Stay legal
• Keep to the defined ways across farmland
• Give way to walkers, horses and cyclists
• Fasten gates to safeguard stock
• Travel at a safe speed
• Drive quietly
• Honour the country code
• Identify yourself
Treadlightly! is a partnership initiative set up by the key recreational motorised access user groups with support from the countryside council for Wales.
Treadlightly! sets out to protect motorised recreational access opportunities through education, partnership working and conservation initiatives.
For more details, take a look at www.treadlightly-uk.org
Sat Map GPS available to hire
We have purchased a Sat Map GPS system which has the entire UK 1:50,000 OS Landrange Map on it. We have uploaded a number of circular routes on to the GPS which can then be followed.
The Sat Map is designed for outdoor use and is available to hire with either a bike mount or window mount for a car. The battery lasts 12 to 16 hours and the unit is very user-friendly.
Hire charges are as follows:
1 Day £30.00 from 1st March £35.oo
2 Days £50.00 from 1st March £60.00
3 Days £60.00 from 1st March £70.00
For further information, please call us on 01550 750274, or e-mail us on: firstname.lastname@example.org