Llanerchindda Farm Guest House and Self-Catering Cottages
Llanerchindda Farm is a family run 3-star Guest House with 9 en-suite guest bedrooms and 4 star self-catering business with 2 cottages based in a rural location 2.5 miles from the village of Cynghordy on the edge of the Cambrian Mountains in Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Llanerchindda recognise the importance of the environment to our business and obligation to comply with all relevant environmental legislation. We have a relatively low impact on the environment. The main impacts are the use of energy and water, generation of waste and waste waters.
Therefore, Llanerchindda is committed to pollution prevention and will:
- Minimise energy usage and waste.
- Re-Cycle waste materials.
- Raise awareness to our customers about our local environment.
- Manage our natural landscape to minimise visual impact and to encourage wildlife.
Llanerchindda already have a number of things in place to help minimise our impact on the environment including:
- Biomass Boiler burning sustainably sourced timber for most of our Heating and Hot Water.
- Recycling as much packaging and materials as possible from the Kitchens, Guest Bedrooms and Self-Catering Cottages.
- Using LED and low power lighting as much as possible throughout all parts of the business.
- Encouraging lights to be turned off when not in use including timers on some lights and PIR sensors where possible.
- Leaving areas of our gardens natural to encourage the wildlife to thrive.
- Composting all food waste to be used in planters around the business.
- Purchasing our food supplies as locally as possible from local suppliers to help reduce food miles.
This policy will be maintained and reviewed annually and all views of our customers and staff will be welcomed.
Policy issue date 25th July 2023
As part of this policy we have also signed up to the Welsh Governments Green Growth Pledge