Llanerchindda Farm Guest House & Self-Catering Cottages (Hadley Hotels Ltd)
COVID- 19 (Coronavirus) Policy / Procedure
April 2022 Onwards
The health, safety and security of our guests, employees and local community is our highest priority. Please take a moment to take note of how we are providing a safe environment to welcome our guests into.
Please note: all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) policies are based on current UK and Welsh Government guidelines and are being constantly reviewed based on the latest advice. We ask that you read this document before your stay.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Statement
We have always operated to high standards ensuring our accommodation and public spaces are clean and safe for our customers. The procedures outlined below are in addition to our normal high standards to ensure additional safety during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic.
The team at Llanerchindda will take all the appropriate measures to reduce the risks from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to our guests, employees, and members of the local community.
This document forms part of our risk assessment and outlines equipment and procedures that we have put in place to reduce the risk of infection and demonstrate that we offer an environment that is safe for everyone.
In summary this includes:
- Putting in place hand sanitising stations at all access points to the Buildings, Cottages and Office.
- Putting in place additional hand sanitising stations throughout the property.
- Increasing the distances between tables in the dining area.
- Removal of some lounging areas to allow for a larger dining area.
- Removing the self-service bar and replacing this with a served option.
- Ensuring that high standards of cleaning and sanitising are carried out on a regular basis.
Our aim at Llanerchindda farm is to ensure that our customers enjoy their stay with us, and we hope that the procedures below enable you to continue to enjoy the unique ‘Llanerchindda Experience’. If you have any comments or suggestions on how we could improve your stay, please let a member of the team know.
We look forward to looking after you.
The team at Llanerchindda.
Customer Safety Before Arrival / Whilst Staying
Whilst the team at Llanerchindda will do everything we can to reduce the risks relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) whilst staying with us we ask all our guests to adhere to the following before arrival / whilst staying with us:
- Please follow the government’s advice to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus, which includes washing your hands regularly with soap and water, covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, putting used tissues in the bin or toilet and avoiding close contact with people who are unwell.
- If any customer has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) within the last 10 days we ask that you follow the appropriate advice.
- If you or anyone in your party is experiencing flu-like symptoms or has a cough / cold / temperature or is experiencing any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we ask that you follow the appropriate advice and do not travel to stay with us.
- If you develop symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) whilst staying in our accommodation please inform a member of the team (safely) immediately, self-isolate in your accommodation and request a test. If you are confirmed to have COVID-19 (Coronavirus) you will be asked to return home if possible and safe to do so. If you are unable to return home your circumstance will be discussed with a doctor and, if necessary, the local authority. If you are advised to remain in your accommodation longer than your booking you will be expected to pay for additional accommodation costs.
- If you have any concerns about taking up a holiday with us, please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss the options.
- If you need to cancel your booking due to Coronavirus our standard cancellation policy applies, which states that if you cancel your booking within 14 days of arrival you will still be liable to pay the full cost of the whole reservation you have booked. We recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation insurance that covers you in the event of having to cancel due to Corona Virus.
- As advice from the government changes, we will update our policy and contact any affected customers.
Check-In / Reception / Check-Out
Registration cards will be filled in by the team at Llanerchindda prior to arrival and the team member dealing with your check-in will ask you to sign the registration card to confirm the details are correct. A registration card will be needed for every person / couple staying. Customers will not be asked to fill these in themselves to reduce the risk from use of shared pens / pencils.
A basket will be placed on the reception desk for keys to be left in on check out or when going out for the day. These will be sanitised before being put in the key drawer.
Hand sanitiser will be available on the reception desk.
When checking out please speak to a member of the team to settle your account and leave your key in the basket provided.
If you bring a dog to stay with you, please keep it under close control whilst staying with us.
Guest House Bedrooms / Self-Catering Cottages
To aid with the extra cleaning that will be required we ask that all customers arrive no earlier than 4.00pm and depart by 10.00am on the day of departure.
All areas in each bedroom / cottage will have been thoroughly sanitised and cleaned prior to your arrival including extra attention to all touch points including door handles, pull cords, coat hangers, curtains and all surfaces. All linen and towels will have been washed thoroughly. Pillow protectors will also be changed and washed after each stay.
We ask that customers use the dishwashers in the two self-catering cottages to wash all crockery, cutlery, utensils, glassware and pans used during their stay when self-catering.
Food Preparation / Service / Staff
High standards of cleanliness have always been a priority in our kitchen, and we will ensure these standards are maintained.
We have always adhered to strict safety procedures while storing, serving, and handling food and beverages and will continue to do so.
Current scientific advice is that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is very unlikely to be spread by food.
All utensils, cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery are washed using a commercial dishwasher, which sterilises and thoroughly cleans everything.
All food preparation surfaces will be regularly sanitised and cleaned.
All staff will be trained in the procedures set out in this assessment and will adhere to the necessary safety procedures.
Regular hand washing and sanitising will be carried out by all staff.
Bar / Drinks Service
The honesty bar will be replaced with a ‘served drinks’ option where you will be able to come up to the bar area and a member of the team will provide your drinks for you.
We will ‘mark down’ drinks to your apartment / cottage and ask that they be paid for on departure. The process will be explained in more detail on check-in / at the bar.
Map Room / Information Leaflets
If customers need to look at our master maps / discuss routes to use whilst you are staying with us, please speak to a member of the team.
If customers wish to look at leaflets for local attractions, they are located in the map room if you take a leaflet please don’t put it back in the rack.
Storage Shed / Use of our Off-Road Site / Land
Before using our land make sure you have filled in the necessary indemnity form and informed a member of the team that you will be using our land. (There is a charge to use our land for some activities).
We have done some work to our off-road site to make it more user friendly with different areas marked for different levels of ability. This will help provide a more enjoyable experience and mean there is more to do based on site, which will help reduce the need to go off site for all activities.
We have also marked 2 walks using our land and adjacent public land for people to enjoy whilst staying with us. Please ask a member of the team for a copy of the leaflet.
Clay Pigeon Shooting / 4×4 driving Experience
Clay Pigeon shooting and a 4×4 driving experience are now available.
If you have your own 4×4 and wish to use our off-road course this is still possible but will be at your own risk. (Please see ‘Use of our off-road site’ above).
Use of Rights of Way Whilst Staying at Llanerchindda
Many of our customers will wish to use the rights of way network whilst staying at Llanerchindda either on foot, bicycle, motorbike or in a 4×4.
Customers need to be aware that some people in rural areas may be worried about the increased risk of the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from coming into contact with tourists. To help minimise this risk please respect others when using rights of way, follow any local signs / diversions and sanitise / wash your hands regularly.
We have designed several routes that should minimise this contact. Please ask one of the team for this information.
Please follow the revised countryside code when using the countryside:
- Respect other people – consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors. Park carefully so access to gateways and driveways are clear. Leave gates and property as you find them. Follow paths but give way to others where it’s narrow.
- Protect the natural environment – Leave no trace of your visit, take all your litter home. Be careful with BBQ’s, and don’t light fires. Keep dog under effective control. Dog poo – bag it and bin it or take it with you.
- Enjoy the outdoors – Plan ahead, check what facilities are open, be prepared. Follow advice and local signs and obey social distancing measures.
We recommend that customers carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser with them whilst using public rights of way. Small bottles of sanitising gel can be purchased from us if required.
Thank you for reading our policy document. Updated February 2022